So I first heard of this band when I was at a Russian Circles concert and while they don't fit the genre of post-rock they've definitely got that same dark sound. I couldn't forget about em after that and a few months later I found their debut album and subsequently fell in love with it. First of all, the vocals have this bjork-y quality (but not overly done imo) that make her voice hypnotic, layered over a soundscape of some of the most mellow and darkest music I have ever had the pleasure to enjoy. By "dark" I dont necessarily mean "heavy" in the metal sense of the word, rather I mean it has that ethereal quality that evokes feelings of night-time, The XX captured this as well. In any case, I love this album and I highly recommend it to anyone who listens to music at midnight.
(2010) Apokalypsis
(2011) The Grime and The Glow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment